Sunday, June 10, 2007

My obsession

[A bit of disclaimer: This my view of the Gundam fandom. I'm sure that your opinion is different, but remember, different strokes for different folks. Agree to disagree. Thank you.]

Well, I was going to try and write a blog entry everyday. I'm crazy like that. Seriously. On LiveJournal, I have a entry for everyday. But I forgot to write yesterday.

Anyway, finally, I shall write about Gundam. Gundam is my main fandom. And by Gundam, I mean pretty much every Gundam series.

I'm not going to give you the complete history of how I got into Gundam. But I will describe it briefly. Like most people, I was first introduced to Gundam by Gundam Wing. Then I watched every Gundam series that was aired on Cartoon Network. And then the others through other methods...

Mobile Suit Gundam, the original series that was aired in Japan in 1979, was scorned by many Gundam Wing fans (which aired in 1995 in Japan), because of it's old animation and funky campy style. Others become extreme UC (Universal Century; the timeline used in the original saga) fans, and thought that Wing was simply a cheap remake. Although MSG easily become my favorite anime series, I still love Gundam Wing.

In fact, I came to like most Gundam series. I use most, because I'm currently watching Victory Gundam, and it's not doing that much for me. But oh well. I also still haven't seen Gundam X or Turn A Gundam yet, but I plan on watching soon.

I supposed that I am unique because I love both MSG and Gundam SEED. And yes, I liked Gundam SEED Destiny. (Mainly because a certain someone came back from the dead. Which I know is another unpopular opinion). And yes, Zeta Gundam is good, but not my favorite. Oh my.

Now, the newest Gundam series, Gundam 00 is coming out this fall. And I'm excited. Are you?

No comments: