Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Growing Out of Anime

I supposed that for some, liking anime is simply a phase that one goes through. For a period of time, anime is your passion, and then you "grow out of it". One of my friends, for example, is done with anime. She just didn't stop watching it; she pretty much cutting all ties to it. Selling all her manga and anime merchandise, leaving all internet communities related to it, etc.

While I understand why she's doing it, and while I understand that she has no interest in anime anymore, I highly doubt I will ever "grow out" of liking anime.

I think that for some, such as my friend, it really a phase. But for others, such as myself, it's a part of my life, like TVs and movies.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks.

No comments: